Monday, December 13, 2010

A Day of Adventures

Whew. What a day. First of all, yes, I did get books for a contest! It's going to start tomorrow (i.e. my next post), so start your following now to get in on the ground floor. It's two books, one on writing and one thesaurus. Maybe not the most fabulous of prizes, but I think they're nice.

Fair warning, this isn't going to be outside of the US: (. This sucks because I do have friends in other countries and I feel like I'm cheating them. But I can't afford international shipping at this time. Sorry.

As for the actual adventures I named this post for, well one of them starts in the book store. I picked up the books and was heading for the register when I happened to glance over at a shelf at the end of the aisle, you know, where they keep the stuff they hope to sell but aren't really sure if it will. And what do I see but the frigging Cyanide & Happiness book (for sale here, by the by). I was stunned, speechless. And obviously, I picked it up. Be warned, the humor is crass, crude, outrageous, and extremely hilarious.

Adventure number two happened when I drove to my parents' house. Both were at work and they needed someone at home to sign for a package so, I was nominated. The thing is...I forgot my key to the house. I keep them separate from the car keys, and they happen to be on a chain with my flash drive, which I took out of my purse yesterday to upload the newest draft of my book. And I didn't put it back.

Yeah, problem. My options were to admit my mistake and drive to my mom's office and ask for her set or, you know, try to force my way in.

Yes, I did choose the latter. It was a bit of a problem since my mom locked the doors and all the windows are sealed tight for winter. What was I to do?

Well, I got in, and I didn't have to break anything to do it. At least, nothing that wasn't already broken. But I fixed everything up so it can't be repeated and the second I get a chance, I am putting my damn keys back in my purse.

Hugs! Don't forget about tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite the adventurous day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower...trying to connect with other writers. Also, I think a book on writing is a great prize...any writer should want to read books on writing!

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lost count of how many times I locked myself out of my parents' house. And once I accidentally broke a window getting in. Oops!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.