Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions


Happy New Year! I wonder what 2011 has in store for us? I wish it would tell me so I could prepare. Now, I’m putting my resolutions here on the blog so you can hold me to them.

1. Make a more regular blog schedule.
People like focused blogs. Unfortunately, I like randomness, at least when it comes to topics. It keeps things interesting. Sigh. But I suppose a little more structure can’t hurt.

2. Write two more books.
I think this will probably be the easiest of my resolutions. I have tons of ideas I want to try out. I definitely know what one will be, but the second is a little more up in the air.

3. Get one of the above books to the “reader ready” point.
Now this is the hard part. Partly because it means editing. After I finish the two books, I’ll focus on one and really edit the crap out of it. Writes, rewrites, re-rewrites, and the all-important beta reading. I fear I’ll have some trouble with keeping this one!

4. Follow more blogs.
Another easy one! Don’t worry. I won’t neglect my friends.

5. Have another contest—international, too.
I’ll pick out some more books. Don’t hold your breath, though. This might take a few months. I’ll visit Borders, which has a better selection of non-fiction than my local bookstore.

6. Make significant progress towards getting A Safe Place In Hell published.
Another hard one, mostly because I’m still a novice. I need to write a snappy query letter and send it out, but I’m nerved up. I can read post after post, book after book on the subject and still fail. Hard work is up ahead. I can’t back down.

7. Be the baddest bad ass I can be.
            I feel this one is self-explanatory.

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee-- #7 rocks! And the rest are good, too. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, JE!! Happy New Year!! Those are very realistic resolutions and I have a feeling you're going to succeed with all of them. Writing first drafts are the easy part IMO. It's the rewrites and queries and tough skin thru rejections that are hard.
    SOunds like you're on teh right track. I'm like you--I have so many ideas for stories I just wanna sit and write. But they never become submission-worthy until we focus on getting them right.
    Best of luck! Looking forward to a new year of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.