Friday, January 14, 2011

Bored? Check This Out


Welcome to my first edition of Favorite Friday, where I shamelessly promote something fun. The recipient of this week’s spotlight is the website where I spend way too much time: Newgrounds.

If you’ve never been to Newgrounds, all I can say is you’re missing out. It’s a website where people from all over the globe can get together and display art, their music, flash animation or games they’ve made. There are thousands of projects, more uploaded every day. Appropriately enough, their tagline is “Everything, By Everyone.”

You can join up for free and rate the different projects, but you don’t have to to enjoy them. There are some hilarious flash cartoons on there, some rough around the edges but thoroughly enjoyable. I discovered several amusing gems on here, including the creepy Alice is Dead games, the Gretel and Hansel games, Time Fcuk (Yes, that’s how it’s spelled), and so much more!

Newgrounds is a great site. Yes, my favorites are the games—there’s a lot of creative people out there who enjoy making interesting things for others! So take a visit, click some links. You might be distracted by find some cool things. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. So many wasted hours there...... Fun times though. Must check it out again soon. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amusing, I'm going to check it out. Thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll check it out. Thank you for drawing this one to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always looking for a distraction.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of it! Not like I need any more distractions! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the books today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.