Thursday, January 13, 2011

More Scheduling

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to do "Favorite Fridays," where I highlight some of my favorite, not writing websites and other things (books, movies, television...whatever I can come up with). I figure, hey, the weekend is coming, so you might as well have something else to distract you from writing.

Anyway, in writing news, I'm still busy editing my post-Apocalyptic-ish YA novel, but I still don't think it's ready to be submitted yet. While it's good, I worry about things like "do the characters' actions make sense?" and "are their voices distinct?" I definitely need more opinions from beta readers and critique partners. I haven't had any luck finding new partners yet (although my friend Choices will be up on her feet and ready to read soon, I hope) and was wondering if there were any good websites out there to connect CPs and readers. I've looked at a few of the forums on Yahoo (I think it was Yahoo anyway) but didn't have much luck there.

Boring post today, I know. The next one will be fantabulous, I promise.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not bored at all! But I have no suggestions, either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your critique. How is Choices? I've missed her.

    Can't wait for the fantabulousness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you find something, let us know. I know I'm in need of beta readers myself. (I'll volunteer if you'd like me to read your novel.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weekly series help structure a blog, give your readers something to look forward to, and give you something to write about at least once a week. Good luck! (And sometimes it's really nice to go off-topic. ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I just send you a e-mail. Hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog. Can't wait to read more. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Su: You won't be bored after Friday if you check in.

    Theresa: Yay! She's back!

    William: It's in spellcheck. And it might just be my favorite word.

    Liz: Still searching. If you'd like to read mine, I'll be happy to return the favor.

    E. Elle: I know. I think I'm starting to enjoy it : )

    Choices: Great to see you again! But the email didn't arrive...

    Kindros: Great to meet you! Glad you like the craziness. Hope your weekend is great, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.