Tuesday, October 4, 2022

October Goals

Somehow it’s October already, and I’m pretty sure I didn’t get anything done I was supposed to. It’s not even winter yet and I already feel like I’m hibernating.
 
September Goals
1. Keep writing my new project to what I think will end up being the end of the first part.
I didn’t get to the end, as it was slower going than I hoped. I only have about a chapter and a half left, though, so fingers crossed.
 
2. Figure out how to engage more readers. Ugh, I am so very, very bad at this.
Very minor progress. Almost invisible. But I am working on it.
 
3. Actually get to the beta notes and edits. I fear I won’t, but I won’t let myself forget about it.
PBBBBBBBBBHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTT no.
 
Ugh, maybe I’d have more energy to do this stuff if I wasn’t so tired all the time. Anyway, now for this month…
 
October Goals
1. Finish!!!!!
 
2. Seriously actually get to the beta notes this time, even if I don’t know what I’m going to do with this project.
 
3. Crud, it’s time to update my etymology page, isn’t it? This is always such an ordeal.
 
I remember the days when updating my etymology page was an easy item to check off. I really wish we could go back to the previous version of Blogger, but alas, it is out of reach.
 
What do you want to do this month?

5 comments:

  1. Sorry updating the page is such a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Everything always takes longer than you think it's going to. It's just a fact of life, I'm afraid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe make your goal to read the beta notes. Or organize them? I don't know, but make it a smaller goal. When I can't get to a goal, I find it's better to break it down into smaller steps and focus on the first one. Same with the etymology page. Is there some way to make the project easier? Can you break it down into interim steps? Just a thought.

    My October goal: get through this class I agreed to cover. Three weeks to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few things on my to do list that need to be squared away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to echo Liz's suggestion of breaking down that beta note goal into multiple smaller goals. Maybe read the notes and group them into priority levels or biggest fixes to smallest fixes or something? It may be easier to get into the editing pool that way, and before you know it, the whole thing will be done. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.