Tuesday, October 25, 2022

From The Spamfiles

The one constant in the universe is that there is always more spam.

Message from Senior Discount saying I could be saving money
Hey!!! I’m not that old!

Message from Truth Finder saying federal law permits website to reveal personal records about almost everybody
“All you have to do is give us your name, social security number, and bank account information!”

Email from Provide Auto offering Greg auto insurance as low as sixty three dollars a month
Hey! Greg is still getting email! That sounds like a pretty good deal. He might want to take it.

an email address that goes on for thirty one random letters and numbers before it gets cut off wanting to verify my Coinbase account, which is offering cryptocurrency
The random string of symbols that’s at least thirty one characters long for an email address is far, FAR less scammy than the fact that it’s offering cryptocurrency.

Twitter follower that just joined in August with a pic that’s just a young man kneeling in front of a dark green background
Obviously fake, but the first one I’ve gotten in a long time that’s not an attractive woman with an OnlyFans link in her bio.

4 comments:

  1. Surprised there are many fake Twitter accounts anymore since they are trying to clean it up before Musk buys it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously whoever keeps sending Greg email to your email doesn't know Greg was taken out by a hit-ferret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once upon a time I did some quiz or something, and to get the results I had to "sign in". I don't even remember if I finished "registering" before giving it up as a bad idea. But I didn't use my real name. I still get emails for that fake name, and this was over a decade ago. I think you'll be seeing things for Greg for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Greg isn't missing out on all these wonderful opportunities.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.