Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tag!

Yes, after all this time I finally got tagged, and since it means I don’t have to think up an idea for a post, why not? The rules seem to be just to answer the questions and tag three more people, and that’s so easy it’s like not blogging at all.


Now everyone go see Kate Larkindale and give her a virtual hug.

The Questions
What are you working on right now?
Several things. An adult horror project (more than one, really), a YA apocalyptic that’s getting so close to being queryable I can almost taste it, and a YA paranormal/apocalyptic.

How does it differ from other works in its genre?
Well, the horror projects aren’t exactly a book (it’s…complicated). The first YA is about the beginning of total societal collapse through the eyes of a (formerly) sheltered teenager. The third one, which is still pretty fresh, is both paranormal and apocalyptic. I haven’t seen that much.

Why do you write what you do?
I write what I like and I like stories of fear and desperation where there might not be any way out. No, I’m not depressed.

How does your writing process work?
First draft is easy. I sit down, crank up some music, and write. Then comes editing, where I have to fill in the gaps, make notes of what works and what doesn’t, what needs more and what needs less, then I fix all the mistakes I’ve made. At that point it just might be ready to be critiqued by other people, and when I get it back, I start from the beginning of the revision line. Whee.

All right, so who am I tagging?


Just so you guys know I’m thinking of you and if you like, you have a possible blog post mostly written. My gift to you.

6 comments:

  1. That's right - crank up the music!
    You're probably too busy depressing your characters to be depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up with your listening to music while you write.
    BAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no! You would tag me right before I'm set to go on hiatus. LOL
    Thanks, Jeanne. ;)

    "No, I'm not depressed."
    hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have to have music on, usually film or game scores. Listing to "The Last of Us" as I type this, actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you're not depressed. You channel all those emotions into your characters so you don't have to feel it.

    First drafts are easy? I'm the opposite. I agonize over them, then celebrate when I get to edit.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.