Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween 2013

Only five days until Halloween! Yay! Can you tell I’ve been excited about it? So in keeping with this month’s tradition of sharing scary things on Saturday, here’s the most frightening things I’ve come across this year:

Scariest Video Game
The Last Door, chapters 1 and 2, a gothic horror game about a man trying to determine what happened to his boarding school friends. Has the bonus of also being a great story in its own right.

Scariest Horror Short
Proxy. Remember a couple of weeks ago when I told you about the Slender Man shows on YouTube? This is another one, but it’s just a short and only about ten minutes long. Totally creep-tastic.

Scariest Horror Short Story
Candle Cove, by Kris Straub. It’s about a bunch of people reminiscing about a bizarre show they used to watch. Trust me, it’s a good one.


Well, share: what are the scariest movies and stories you’ve come across?

6 comments:

  1. It's a bit of a paradox because I love celebrating Halloween but I don't like scary/horror movies/stories like I used to. I've grown into a big chicken in my old age I guess. The scariest thing I watch on TV is Super Natural. Lame I know. (;

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last sort of new movie that got under my skin would have been The Woman In Black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary: my Halloween plans. I work that day. Then, after working in a school, I go to school. In one class I have a midterm and a paper due. The other class is giving a midterm that day too. And once those are taken care of, I get to look forward to my presentation to the class the next week.

    My life is scary enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll stick to trick or treat. That's scary enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a total scaredy cat when it comes to horror. Glad you found some good stuff to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never enjoyed real horror blood and gore films, don't mind suspense and where you use your imagination. Another Supernatural fan here :)
    Suzanne @ Suzannes Tribe
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.