Saturday, October 5, 2013

Block and Report for Spam

Actual bios from some people who followed me on Twitter. Shortly before I hit that “Block” button. Are they real people? You be the judge.

The answer, by the way, is no.

Follow me and I will follow you back.
 #teamfollowback #teamretweet #teamunstoppable
For a while, every other follower I had was “team follow back”. Most of them do nothing but spam retweets until they get sent to Twitter jail to give the rest of us a break.

15 | Single |A Boxer | A model | A Nerdy chicky ;) | Snapchat me!!
This has got to be illegal.

Is your name summer? Cause baby, you're HOT! ?????????
Not even trying to make sense.

- GLOBAL SUPERSTAR – WILL U #BELIEVE ? & DON’T BLAME IT ON THE SUNSHINE BOOKS
You know what? No. I don’t think I’ll believe.

#LawOfAttraction, #Money, #TheSecret, #NapoleonHill, #LawsOfSuccess, #ThinkAndGrowRich, #SelfMastery, #MastermindGroup, #Masterminding, #MLM, #Affiliate, #LOA
Nothing but tags. It’s either a cult or a pyramid scheme.

I don’t like fake people and I will ignore you if I think that you are. I live in a city filled with liars. This girl’s careful #TeamFollowBack #KeepIt100
Considering that Team Follow Back is nothing but following people no matter what, I don’t think she’s as careful as she claims.

Life is good but is about to get a whole lot better…..wait and see xx
Oh, this just can’t be good.

JUST FOLLOW ME :)
…No.

im just that amazing n i follow back
But screw grammar!

IM A RAPPER BEIN ME ..... BUT U WANA BE A RAPPER #TEAMFOLLOWBACK
Ugh. No. Just no.

We sing all the time for follow back . Join us and be part of this great follower hunt. So you will also gaining. #FollowBack #TFB #TeamFollowBack
Not only spammy, but a translator fail, too!

iFollowBack Living life to the fullest, no regrets. Never let anyone tell you that you can't do something, prove them wrong.
I don’t know. “You can’t follow me, I blocked you” is pretty definite.

8 comments:

  1. Those are sad. I think it's worse when they don't write anything in their profile. No information equals no follow in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I was covering a computer class, and I had one of those programs where I could see what everyone was doing on his/her computer. Several were on Twitter, so I "listened in".

    You think those profiles are bad? You should see what they tweet to one another. It makes those profiles look profound.

    Lesson: don't tweet in a class where the teacher can see what you're doing. The look on their faces when I told them I could see everything they were doing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, people keep saying I should be on that tweeter thing but, then, someone (like you) posts something like this and I just have to wonder why anyone is on that thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Andrew you just need to experience one of those spastic twitter chats that leave you chuckling and spiked on adrenaline. ;)

      Delete
  4. Ah, spammers. Why are they wasting perfectly good oxygen?

    I've had it where they try to post spam on posts that are specifically about spammers.

    This morning, at a website where I staff, I had to get rid of five spammers, all of whom were spamming kitchen renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The worst is when they @tweet you some link and they have 0 followers and follow 0 people. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never heard of #teamfollowback until today. Hm. I must run in "real" circles. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.