Tuesday, November 2, 2021

November Goals

I know I say this every month, but how did this happen??? It’s already November! That can’t be right…
 
October Goals
1. Beta reads for WIP 1. Any volunteers?
It’s getting done. Finding beta readers is hard!
 
2. Finish working on my notes for WIP 2. This one’s actually possible.
I actually did this, yay.
 
3. Update my etymology page. There are so many of them, I think it’s time to create a few separate pages up in the header there. It might make formatting them easier, too.
As you can see, there are now three pages with all the words I’ve etymologized. And a god damn mother$%*&@#$ space in between every paragraph that I can’t get rid of no matter what I try.
 
So mostly successful, which is pretty good considering how hard it was to trudge through the month. Now for this month…
 
November Goals
1. More beta reads, obviously. I need a lot of help figuring out how to improve this one.
 
2. Find something to work on to recharge my creativity. I’ve been feeling very blah about working on my WIPs lately.
 
3. Thanksgiving. Ugh. Remember when this holiday used to be fun? Because I don’t.
 
That’s what I want to do this month. What are you up to?

6 comments:

  1. Maybe try doing something different to recharge your creativity. Perhaps even something where you use your hands to create. I always find that helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you copy and paste from word on those pages or format the html?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vastly prefer our Thanksgiving, since it was last month and doesn't seem to be the maniacal overblown day you Yanks make out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I used to throw up every weekend after Thanksgiving. We never figured out why. (It was something that happened when I was a kid.)

    For the etymology pages, have you tried going into the < > page (as opposed to the pencil) and deleting the "br/" (in the brackets) after each one? Although, I like how everything is spaced.

    Is WIP 1 the one I'm reading?

    Sometimes a way to recharge the creativity is to do something completely different. Or nothing at all for a bit. Reading any good books?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on your October goals! Sorry I'm not available to read for you, but if you're still looking for readers in January, let me know.

    Best of luck with your November goals...I admit Thanksgiving is much easier to get through now that I don't have go anywhere or do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have loved to read, but considering the work I already have, I better not commit to more, even though I like them. Maybe someday in the future, when I will have more time for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.