Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Reflections 2017

I think this year can be best summed up by one word: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. On one hand none of my relatives died. On the other, republicans are damn sure trying to turn the world into an unending nightmare. So. You know. Things are still pretty bad.

Anyway, let’s see what I was supposed to do this year.

Resolutions 2017
1. Finish the first draft of my new WIP and hopefully start editing it.
Sigh, I really wish I did this. Maybe if I wasn’t so tired. And, you know, constantly terrified about losing my health care.

2. Come up with an idea for a new story that I probably won’t have time to write but still want anyway.
I actually have been toying with a new idea lately. I really like it, and also hope that I continue to really like it.

4. Build a rocket ship and move to Mars because I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.
Of all the things I didn’t do, this is the one I regret the most. I wish I was anywhere but here.

5. Find a new project to work on in my spare time. You know, something easy that I can work on when I’m too tired to write.
I never really found anything new that I wanted to work on. Not that I haven’t been too tired to write…

6. Try to eat better.
Probably not as much as I should.

7. Keep on blogging!
Why am I so excited for this. Stop being so enthusiastic. There is nothing warranting it. Stop it.

Yeah, this was a pretty depressing post. Sorry. I hope you have a happy new year and it’s nothing like 2017.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think that's a good word to sum up the year. May 2018 be better...and not the endless dogfight I'm fearing it will be.

    And may you continue to like that shiny, new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have plenty of story ideas I have no time to write.

    Nightmare? My IRAs have gone through the roof this year. We are doing a happy jig about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flying to Mars might be a good idea considering how cruddy the last year has been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, some progress then? Shiny new ideas are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your new idea.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.