Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Spam From The Other Side

And by the other side, I mean from the spammer’s point of view. I found this article on the Cracked website that’s an interview with one of the Nigerian spammers who writes the stuff I so frequently post here.

It’s kind of interesting to see why they do what they do and how the police pretty much let them get away with it in exchange for bribes. Also their word for their marks is “maga”, which means dunce. When I found that out, I laughed so hard I cried a little.

Unfortunately, now that Americans are more informed about their scams, the spammers are turning their attention towards other, poorer countries and wiping out peoples’ life savings with a single email. It certainly erases all the amusement of the maga thing.

Anyway, it was an interesting read. And because it wouldn’t be a spam post without spam:

6 comments:

  1. And if the police won't do anything about it, they'll continue to get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two million hundred thousand billion trillion hundred bazinga dollars

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know someone who was scammed. Sadly she should've known better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeesh. Try deciphering that awful grammar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These have been going on for so long now, it's a miracle anyone still falls for it. I have a friend who had fun with one of these guys and ended up getting them to pay him to prove they were real...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read somewhere that the spelling and grammar is bad on purpose. It's sad that scamming is the thing they do. The sort of work it takes to pull that off? If they just used it for good...

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.