Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July Goals

And kind of June goals since I didn’t do them. I can tell you, that is one month that I’m glad is gone.

Now let’s look way back at May.

May Goals
1. Look at revisions for old projects and see what needs to be done.
I did do this, and even did some revising! But I didn’t do nearly as much as I thought I would, due to being busy and then the world exploding.

2. Come up with a plan for what I want to write next. In addition to the revising, I should look at doing something brand new.
Unfortunately, I didn’t do this. I kept trying to think of what I wanted to write and I’d get really excited about planning it out for a day, then go What? No. I don’t want to do this. It’s a terrible idea. It was all kind of a mess.

3.  Update the Etymology page on the blog. It’s been a while…
At least I did this! It was easily the best part of the last two months and that’s really kind of sad.

Goals-wise, it wasn’t a very good month. And also everything else-wise. Especially everything else-wise. But maybe July can be better.

July Goals
1. See how I’m doing on my yearly resolution, because I’m betting it’s not good.

2. Figure out if I can block off some time once a week or something for me to just write.

3. Write something, anything, without any strings attached (like I have to finish it or it has to have a certain word count).

So, that’s the plan. So what are your plans for July? Doing anything now that summer is in full swing? Or winter, if you’re in the southern hemisphere?

6 comments:

  1. You had a rough June so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully July's better for you. I'm busy looking for a new place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the world does just explode, and we have to deal with that. (Death in the family tends to do that.) So, no worries.

    July... It's my annual birthday celebration. And as the birthday is at the end of the month (literally), I get the whole month to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so bombed on my yearly goals. I don't even want to think about it. I'm doing a day at a time now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't stress out about not meeting your goals. Sometimes life kicks you in the pants. You just have to brush yourself off and get back on your feet. You just reminded me I need to look at my yearly goals too. It might help me figure out what I should work on next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope July is better for you. My June was busy and I still didn't get to do everything I wanted. I always try to make things better in the following month.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.