January has come and gone. You don’t have to worry about your New Year’s resolutions anymore. The worst of winter is behind us…hopefully. Oh hell, what if it’s waiting around the corner ready to clobber us again?
Okay, trying to calm down now. Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean. Time to look at my goals.
1. Finish up the project I’ve been working on. Yeah, I know I’m vague. I don’t know why. I just don’t like getting into specifics before something is complete.
You know what you’d think would be easy? Making a cross-stitch pattern. And you’d be wrong. You could devote hours to it almost every day for two months and still only be half done with all the little boxes and dozens of colors. And maybe you’d be mad by that time. Referring to yourself in the second person. Getting ready to snap at any moment. Um, anyway. Not done yet.
2. Actually do some non-work writing this month! Please!
No : (. I’m totally bummed about this. I know I was busy doing the stupid pattern that is devouring my sanity, but still.
3. Do A-to-Z Challenge posts! If I want to be able to do it this year, then it’s especially important that I get them done ahead of time.
Hey, I did this! Yay!
I put in a solid effort to anything. The only one I consider a real fail is 2, but only because I’ve been focusing so much on 1. The lesson here is to never, ever agree to make a picture for my mother.
1. Either finish that stupid pattern or go insane trying.
2. Maybe write this time, dang it!
3. Do all the stupid miscellaneous stuff I have to do this month, like taxes and signing up for the Challenge reveal and finally learning how to spell miscellaneous. February seems to be a popular month for all the little extras.
Okay, that’s my February plan. What are you up to this month?