Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Reflections 2021

Oh man. This was definitely… a year. Frankly, it’s like looking into a mirror and seeing a monster standing behind you. And that monster is 2021. If I was better at drawing, this would be a comic.
 
Anyway, what was I supposed to do this year? Because I sure as hell don’t remember.
 
Resolutions
1. Finish the book I’m working on and get it edited.
Hey, I did this. It still needs work, but I am making progress. Not sure what will become of this one, but I’m not ready to give up on it.
 
2. Work on the other WIP idea I have and maybe even write it.
Totally did this. It’s actually pretty good, in my opinion, but of course there’s no way it’s nearly as good as I think it is.
 
3. Actually query last year’s WIP. Yes, I am terrified.
Ended up deciding not to do this. It just didn’t seem like an interesting enough story.
 
4. Possibly work on the sequel WIP I said I’d do last year.
Also decided not to do this, figuring that writing a sequel when the WIP itself wasn’t ready probably wasn’t the best idea. I decided to write something completely different instead, because of course I did.
 
5. Not die from the illness that’s killing hundreds of thousands of people in my country because people are dumbasses who refuse to wear masks or accept that it’s a dangerous disease.
Hey, I didn’t die! Or even get sick! Avoiding people at all costs is finally paying off.
 
6. Try to engage more with social media. I know, that seems crazy. Who would want to? I certainly have no idea how to do it.
Ha ha no. Not even a little. Social media is way too depressing, you know, with all the awful.
 
7. Not let 2021 be anything like 2020. Shudder.
Definitely failed on this one. But can you blame me?
 
Meh. 2021 was certainly an ordeal. Not really looking forward to 2020, 2 next year. Some things just don’t need sequels.

How was your 2021? What did you get done?

5 comments:

  1. Hopefully 2022 sucks less than its two predecessors, but I remain dubious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was optimistic that 2022 was going to be better, but I really don't think it's going to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course it's as good as you think it is. It's better. You're just too close to see it. (Oh, and I haven't forgotten the comments I meant to send on the beta read I did. I just got lazy and haven't done it.)

    You did see the Jean and Jorts story on Twitter, though, right? Because that makes social media worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year has been crazy ... The dance of death ... Now don't know what's in store next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look, 2020 and 2021 did have bright spots. Spots much brighter than anything from 2018 and 2019.
    1. Trump lost in 2020.
    2. Trump is not president.
    Yeah, sure, I get that Biden isn't impressive, but he is NOT Trump.
    And I know the rest is like that everlasting fire in wherever that is, but there are bright spots.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.