Tuesday, January 14, 2020

January Goals


About time we’ve gotten to this. The month is only almost half over. I can’t even remember what I was supposed to be doing last month.

December Goals
1. Get WIP-1 out to beta readers (any volunteers?) and actually work on the synopsis and stuff.
I did a little work on these, but definitely not enough. It was a stressful month.

2. Edit WIP-2. Man, I can’t believe this sounds like the easier goal.
This is another one that I did do SOME work on, but definitely not enough. Ugh.

3. Christmas! New Years! Please let it be a nice break!
If stress could be bottled and injected into someone’s blood stream, that’s what the end of the year was like for me. And the beginning of this one.

It was really a tough month, and so far, January has been equally as hard. And there’s still so much to go.

January Goals
1. Write the short story I have planned, and edit one of my old ones.

2. Figure out what to do about my query/synopsis/log line. I want to make them good, obviously. I just don't know how to do that.

3. Work on daily goal planning for my writing.

Is it possible for people to hibernate? Because I’d really like to do that about now. What about you? What are you up to this month?

5 comments:

  1. Check with other writers in the IWSG and get some feedback on your query and synopsis. Check with the Facebook group as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with taking things slow this month. We all kind of need it.

    Alex's idea is good. Once you have the query and log line written, let others see it. They're the best at seeing what you can't because you're too close to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was hoping that 2020 would start trending away from all of the bad...
    I suppose that's what I get for hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started off 2020 sick with a sinus infection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't always have to hit the ground running in January. Some years just need to be eased into... And if you need help with your query etc, I'm here.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.