It’s Christmas, but it’s also the last Tuesday of the year and obviously it’s more important for me to stick to my schedule than put up a filler post. I mean, have you met me? Sticking to schedules is what I do.
If this year was any rougher I’d be in court pointing to where it hurt me on a doll. Saying it was better than last year is like saying being stabbed is better than being shot. I’d rather not have either!
Anyway, this is what I had planned for the year:
1. Figure out some way to better keep track of my goals and resolutions. I used to use a sticky note on my desktop, but I hate it looking cluttered…
I went back to the sticky note. I guess it’s not the worst. It does help me remember what I should be doing.
2. Write a new book.
I’m more than halfway done with the first draft, so it’s getting there!
3. Actually finish a book this year!
I didn’t, although not for lack of trying. I worked really hard to get it to the point where it could have beta readers, and there are still a million things I have to do with it!
4. Once again, try to eat better. Cut back on sugar, and whatnot.
5. Takeover/destroy the world. Which it’ll be will probably depend on my mood.
It’s probably a good thing for people that I’m too lazy to get off my ass and do this, because it definitely would have been destroy.
6. Find something fun to do in my spare time. I need more fun. We all need more fun.
Meh, kind of. I bought new games to play. That counts.
7. Write something every day. Well, at least this will be easy.
Pretty close to it, yeah.
I guess it was a successful year in terms of writing, but that’s where it ends. What a nightmare 2018 has been. Wake me when the revolution begins because I’m going to go sleep forever.
Have a nice holiday! Or Tuesday, if that’s what you’re celebrating.
I am of more of an inclination to destroy the world, particularly if I hear Feliz Navidad one more time.ReplyDelete
I think the revolution has begun.ReplyDelete
If November is any indication.
And people are falling away from that thing in the White House like petals off of a dead rose.
I missed Christmas. I watched cheesy Christmas movies and the Doctor Who marathon on BBC America. It was nice. Well, the TV was OK, the cold, not so much.ReplyDelete
Let's hope 2019 is going to be an amazing year. It could happen.