Thursday, November 23, 2017

Moms and Technology 2

Happy Thanksgiving! Here’s more actual conversations that I’ve had with my mother.

Her: I can’t get my wireless printer to print.

I go down there, find it’s not connected to the internet. I can’t access it through her computer, so I try connecting it directly through her internet cable, which means I had to unplug her from her modem. That didn’t work so I plugged her back into the modem and figured out how to re-sign in her printer to her wireless network. Lo and behold, it starts printing and I leave her to it.

Five minutes later…

Her: It stopped printing! Right in the middle of a page!

Me: Okay…wait. It’s still connected to the internet.

Her: Stupid thing!

Then she hands me the blue cord that was supposed to be connecting her computer to the modem.

Her: This is useless, right? Because it stopped working right around the time I took it out of my computer.

I couldn’t even talk. I just reconnected it and set up everything again and she swore she’d never touch any wires again. I just. Why did she think I put it back. What did she think her desktop computer was getting the internet from. Why. Why why why.

After that I had to go lie down for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Let me guess what you might have been thinking...

    "Must not roll my eyes, must not roll my eyes..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't have any words either.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She didn't realize that wire was the thing that connected her computer to the internet? Deep sigh. (Of course, I have no idea how a wireless printer works. I still plug my computer in to my printer when I want to print.)

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.