Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A-to-Z Challenge: Reflections


Well, April is over and we are back to “normal” blogging. I had a lot of fun with it of course, but man, did it get exhausting. There were some days I was so wiped that had to force myself just to respond to comments. I’d still do it again, though.

There were a lot of great blogs out there with a lot of great posts. Beautiful pictures, interesting stories, words I had never heard of. I’m just sorry that I didn’t have the time to comment on all the cool posts. If I skipped you, sorry! It’s not you, it’s me, I swear!

Anyway, I don’t have any real comments on how to improve it. My only complaint has nothing to do with the Challenge itself. It’s about Google+ and how much I absolutely loathe it. It’s the worst, most unintuitive system I’ve ever come across and that includes Windows 8. And unfortunately, a lot of people have their blogs connected through Google+, which means increasing frustration as I tried to figure out how to get to their Challenge posts when Google+ keeps trying to get me to sign in no I will not, leave me alone with your crappy excuse of a social network, Google.

Um. Okay. Got a bit carried away there.

So what about you? Did you have fun during April, whether or not you participated in the Challenge? Or do you just want to burn down Google+ and its incessant badgering to get you to join?

9 comments:

  1. It's difficult when their profile leads to Google+ and you have to search for their blog. Sometimes it's not listed, which is frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes. I forgot about that. It's a perfect complaint. I hated it when a link took me to Google+

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on Google+, but I didn't link my profile to it because it's difficult to find anything there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know of one blogger who regularly comments on my photoblog, but is only listed on Google+... with no blog link. I'd like to return the visits, but to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Google+ thing was a pain and I wished everyone had added a link to their actual post when they came to comment. I reciprocated as best I could. I'm not sure I'd do it again but I'm a sucker for challenge. Hmm, we'll see. I'm pretty sure I visited you but it's all a blur now :)

    Rosa
    @RosaT_Author
    Rosa Temple writes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Google+ is why I put sigs in my comments for the challenge. I wanted to make sure people could get to my blog instead of trying to find the post on my Google+ profile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on Google +, but I refuse to switch over my profile to that because I can't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My biggest peeve is when people don't leave their blog link on their Google+ profile. I truly can't find some of these people to return comments.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.