Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Storm Approaches



And by that I mean, of course, Thanksgiving. You Canadians don’t know how lucky you are to have it over and done with. Since I started this blog, I have had two horrendous Thanksgiving experiences and I have to admit, I’m on edge about the whole thing even though, thank Great and Mighty Cthulhu, most of my relatives aren’t coming.

But that’s boring talk. Mostly I want to wish you guys a happy Thanksgiving since I’m not going to be around Thursday, and possibly not Wednesday and/or Friday as well. If you don’t celebrate the holiday (or already have)…happy Thursday? It’s a pretty good day. Weekend is coming. That should be fun.

Yeah, this post isn’t one of my more interesting attempts. I think the impending holiday has made me lazy and I’ll scold myself later, I promise, then get back to work updating the content you all know and love. Or maybe some pictures I pulled off Creative Commons. Probably the latter. In fact, to get you started, here’s one now!

You can tell I didn't draw it because it's good.

Cute, isn’t he? Well, he’s going to be eaten.

I’m out. Have a good week if I don’t talk to you again. I really do promise to work on more interesting content. Hugs!

8 comments:

  1. Aww, poor lil turkey gone be eaten!

    Hope your Thanksgiving is better than you make it sound in this post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very quiet on the internets this week, so consider yourself to have tried harder than most.

    Happy Turkey Day.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quiet, isn't it? Between NaNo and the holiday, there's hardly anyone around!

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Concentrate on the food, ignore the relatives, and avoid the Black Friday crowds. It's recipe for success! lol. Have an awesome holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horrendous experience one day is a great story next year. My favorite Thanksgiving story involves calling 911. (Oh, and I have a Christmas Eve story that involves our roof on fire.)

    May you have an uneventful holiday? It looks like mine just might be. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor cute Turkey! I'm glad my turkey comes from packaging that came from the store and was never alive... It wasn't, right? Right?
    Thanks for sharing. I hope it ends up being a great Thanksgiving!

    -Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always thought that the incredibly over the top production that American thanksgiving has become is very peculiar...

    Here north of the border we don't make that much of a fuss about it.

    Given the state of relations I have with two of my siblings, a family get together would be my idea of hell these days.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.