Tuesday, July 16, 2024

From The Spamfiles

I love these posts. They’re so easy. Spam is one item always in abundance.

Message from Meta, saying Facebook: Please verify your account. We’ve noticed some unusual activity! - 9932
It’s spam, but probably doesn’t steal as much personal information as Meta does.

Message from Amazon ID, saying Suspend, followed by a series of letters and numbers, then in the actual message is even more random letters and numbers
I guess they’re trying to tell me my account is suspended? It’s hard to tell since most of it is just random letters. If you’re going to spam, at least make it clear.

Message from mizmos251 at mizmos dot com, no subject, and then a ten digit number in the message body
Mizmos! It’s just fun to say.

Message form Malik SEO with a Guest Post Proposal, saying I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to inquire about the possibility…
I am immediately suspicious of any one wanting to put a guest post on my blog. I have like three followers. Clearly they don’t know what they’re doing.
 
Message from a random number saying Free Msg: Since this unusual purchase is large we have blocked the transaction. If not verified visit… then a shortened link
Free MSG! Get your free MSG here!

3 comments:

  1. The fourth one made me chuckle. That's when you know it's not only spam but and idiot behind the spam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Facebook one is doing the rounds at the moment....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, my photos are about to be deleted from my phone... That would be more believable if it was going to the email address associated with my phone. (Hint: not that one.) And now I'm getting spam about getting a free flag for you-know-who. Yikes. Way to scare me.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.