Tuesday, February 20, 2024

From The Spamfiles

The one constant of the universe is people trying to scam you.

Message evidently from myself (with an R symbol after my name!) saying Re: your e-mail has been reported. Action Recommended
Where to even begin. First of all, apparently I’m sending this to myself? But what is with the Reserved symbol after it? And I’ve been reported—to who??? Finally, anyone who uses “e-mail” is not a real human being. Email. It’s called email.

Message that says Business Inquiry underscore Paid Guest Post, from MR Usman SEO, to a bunch of random names. The body of the message says “Today I visit the wall of your blog and see that the interface is beautifully decorated. I really enjoyed your recent blog post. I wanted to share my thought in your blog. I totally understand that there would be some editorial fee involved and I am ready to pay. Hope so you will like m suggestion and we will get benefited mutually and side by side this help us to rank our both businesses.
Now isn’t this a fine mess of words. Who pays to do a guest post on some rando’s blog? Well, clearly not a real person because no actual person says “the interface is beautifully decorated”.

Another message from Blanca Saunders, this one saying, God is sending you a blessing (Genie Script), In the next 1-7 days, you will manifest a…
Blanca is usually trying to get me to sign up for some scam business opportunity, so it’s a surprise that she’s sending me this weird “blessing”. Though obviously it is still a scam.

Message from Vanguard Home Warra. saying Get the best protection for your home this fall with Vanguard Home Warranty
Isn’t that what home insurance is for? What’s the purpose of a warranty? This one is just confusing. I mean, obviously a scam. But still confusing.

Blog comment from Krugers, saying Great read thank yyou
I’m not sure why the spammers like to pick posts that are years old to leave their comments under, like I’m not going to find that suspicious. Are there people out there who actually fall for this sort of thing? Oh god, there are people out there who actually fall for this sort of thing.

4 comments:

  1. Lately I've gotten a lot of "newsletters" from dubious organizations. (Read: RW) I don't understand why they think I'd want to read their crazy conspiracy theories. And they act like I subscribed or something. It's scary to think that I'm on some list out there that thinks I like htat sort of thing. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the comments on really old posts can only be spam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't insurance already a kind of warranty? If you need a warranty on your insurance, what's the world coming to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's getting worse and worse. Even if I try to "unsubscribe" to annoying emails, they never go away. I think I'm tossing my laptop, phone and self out to window.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.