Saturday, May 27, 2023

Delicate Voice

This cat sounds like a siren going off.
Panel 1, I’m on the phone with my mom, and she says, “I think my Trixie is going deaf!” Panel 2, my mom at home with her cat, Trixie, sitting behind her, and from the phone I say, “What makes you think that?” Panel 3, Trixie lets out a deafening “MEOWWWWWW!!!!!!” that makes my mom jump, Panel 4, back to me, and my mom says, “Just a hunch.”

Thankfully I didn’t have to worry about this with my cat Veronica when she went deaf, as despite being a giant, fifteen pound ball of fur, Veronica could only ever muster a light trill when she meowed.

4 comments:

  1. I think different cats just have different voices. I have one whose mew is never more than a squeak, and one who is much louder. Interestingly, it's the super shy cat who has the louder voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That must be disconcerting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That could scare you in the dark. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.