It’s Halloween month! That almost makes up for all the horrible things happening in the world right now. Well, maybe almost is too strong a work. A very tiny bit. It cushions the blow. Is it possible to be stabbed softly? That.
All right, what was I supposed to be doing?
1. Prepare my WIP (and myself) for beta reads. I cannot believe this is happening.
It’s as ready as it’s going to get…
2. Work on the notes for my new idea.
Yep, I did do this. I think there’s a bit more work to do before I can begin writing it though. I want to make sure I know how it goes from beginning to middle to end.
3. Update my etymology page. It’s been at least three months since the last one.
It’s up to date as to a few weeks ago. I know you were all worried.
And now for what I should be doing now…
1. Start with the beta reads. And as a corollary, don’t have a panic attack from the beta reads.
2. Figure out if I’m ready to start a new WIP.
3. Try to distract myself from the beta reading/imminent doom.
So hopefully, that’s what I’ll be doing this month. What about you? What do you want to do this month?