Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Short Scares

Several months ago on Tumblr (wait! Don’t leave! It’s good, I swear) I stumbled across a blog called Sixpenceee (the extra E’s are silent) that is absolutely filled with scary goodness. Her posts range from scary stories to weird events to random science facts. Being that this is October, we’re going to stick with the scary stories, but there’s a link to all the different subjects she covers over in her sidebar.

The scary stories she posts are (mostly) written by other people and range from mediocre to downright frightening—she’s actually also holding a short story contest this month and you can take a look at the entries on her forum. Anyway, I’ve tracked down the ones that I think are the best, as well as several others that have been highly recommended:

The title is pretty self-explanatory for this one.

A quick one, definitely amusing in a horrifying way.

Considered one of the best stories on the site.

Made even more horrifying by the fact that the writer claims these are real events that took place in the late seventies.

Really short but really good.

Another that’s considered one of the best, and it’s definitely a punch to the gut.

A psychological mindscrew.

Another psychological story, this one about the degeneration of the mind.

Another short, creepy and amusing story.

Short and scary.

This one’s probably going to squick out a few people…

More sad than scary, but definitely good.

In my opinion, the best one.

Okay, I guess that’s enough. I actually had to trim this back a bit because I just wanted to link to all of them if you like scary things, I suggest you try them. And definitely check out the Short Stories link because there’s a lot more where that came from. Just clear a few days off your schedule first as you won’t be sleeping.

6 comments:

  1. Probably, I will not get around to it, but I'll keep them in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real events are always scarier than made up stories, so I will probably avoid Dr. Ramsey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love a good creepy story. I wonder if I might have time to sneak one or to in today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a fan of the scary stories. Well, maybe in full daylight. So, not right now.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.