Tuesday, August 4, 2015

August Goals

Wow. July is done already. My birthday is this month, and just a few months after that, 2015 is going to be over. Am I the only one who feels like time sped up, like, a lot?

Anyway, goals. Let’s see how I did.

July Goals
1. Figure out what I want to do with the fantasy idea that I have. Obviously I want to write a book, but I have to see about having the time!
Hey, I did this! Part of me still thinks it’s a good idea, but of course there’s another part that says no, it’s too cliché, it’ll never work. Sometimes you just have to fight off that voice.

2. Work on my other projects and hopefully make enough money to, you know, live.
Yes, I did this. And I’m still alive, so I guess that’s something.

3. Start working on extra post ideas because next month is August and you know that’s vacation month. And my birthday! WOOOO!
And I did this, too. Wow, I’m really on fire. I think this has been my most successful month yet!

I did really well this month. That’s definitely a confidence booster.

August Goals
1. Try to write 10K on one of my WIPs. I hope I have the time! Maybe during my vacation.

2. Get my birthday week posts ready. These will probably be stick figure comics : )

3. VACATION!!!!!! Do I have enough exclamation points?

I think this month is totally doable. It sure is hot, though. So what are you up to this month?

10 comments:

  1. Nicely done. And don't listen to the voice about your idea being cliche. All ideas are so calling something a cliche is pointless and defeatist.

    As for what I'm doing this month, I actually set goals similar to you. Big one's to write 15k words and read six books. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked it last month. And you need more exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Run with the fantasy idea, regardless of what your brain keeps telling you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. Now you can enjoy your vacation and birthday free of guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on all of your goals. And I agree with Misha and Alex...keep going with that fantasy idea.

    And in case I don't make it back to this blog before September...have a great vacation and a fantastic birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "did this" on your goals. Good luck with your August goals and happy birthday month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for achieving your goals! And enjoy your vacation and your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every great original story had a cliche somewhere in it. There are only so many different plots. It's all in how the thing is executed. Congrats on achieving all your goals in July.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You might want to add an extra exclamation point!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goal today is simply to get through IWSG. :P
    I'm cheering for you, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait, I thought you were going on vacation! I come over to your blog expecting stick figures (which I kind of love) and instead there's this super productive go-getter post about goals. Seriously, that's impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.