June is here. 2014 is already half over. We march ever onward towards death.
Sorry. That got kind of dark there. So what was I up to last month?
1. Send out ten more queries for COLLAPSE. I hope I garner some interest this time…
Yeah, I did it, and I haven’t gotten even a glance. It’s weird how a win can feel so much like a loss. Boo…
2. Finish MALICE. I’m not sure how many words I still have to go, but I should definitely be able to get it done this month.
Yep, done. At least this one feels like a win. Draft one is done and ready to be ripped to shreds and put together as something readable. Maybe.
3. Update my blog’s etymology pages. I have a feeling this is going to be more complicated than it looks (it sure was last time!).
Did it! Did you see? Well, it’s kind of hard to notice since there’s like a million words there (that might be exaggerated a tad, but whatevs), but I updated it. If I’ve etymologized it, it’s up there.
And now for June…
1. Read aloud of Malice, including taking notes, and then fixing said notes. I’m fairly certain I can get this done, although reading the entire thing out loud might take longer than I expect.
2. Sigh…do SOMETHING about my query. Obviously it’s going to need a complete and total rewrite. I may end up having to join some forum or other just to get some opinions, which I’m really not looking forward to. Did I say sigh yet?
3. Two more apocalypse posts! I’ve kind of done zombies to death lately, so I’ll see if I can whip up something about one of the million other apocalypses waiting to take us out.
Okay, so that’s what my June looks like. What about you guys? You up to anything this month? Any writing goals you want to share?