Tuesday, August 6, 2024

August Goals

Well, July was absolutely awful. It started with a bank error, proceeded to a presidential upset that I fear skews the election towards the party that wants to kill me, and now my doctor is leaving the practice I go to and now I have to get a new one and keep my fingers crossed that they’ll do their job property. Ha ha, everything is terrible. Needless to say, I haven’t been focusing much on my goals.
 
July Goals
1. Work on notes from beta readers. It looks promising so far.
Hey, at least I got this done before the world went to hell.
 
2. Find more beta readers and writer places. Please, just don’t make me have to go on Discord. Unfortunately it seems every other social media is dead now.
Did not even attempt this. Did not have the energy.
 
3. Sigh. Once again, update my etymology pages. I keep hoping they’ll update Blogger so it doesn’t suck any more, but fat chance of that happening when it took them a month to fix the problem with links.
Somehow the least odious portion of the month, and that’s saying something.
 
I never want July to come back. I can only hope August is better…
 
August Goals
1. Actually attempt to find more writer spaces and beta readers this month.
 
2. Find something that seems fun to work on.
 
3. Birthday. I’m looking forward to it with some trepidation. Did you know the bakery that makes my favorite cake had a fire and is now closed? And there’s no news as to when they’ll open again?
 
Ugh, I just want this year to be done.

3 comments:

  1. And Mercury is retrograde for most of the month. At the risk of your ire, is there another bakery that can make the cake? It might not be the same, but they might make a reasonable facsimile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry July was so rough. I hope August is better for you and brings some pleasant surprises your way—like a bakery that maybe makes a new favorite birthday cake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. This year has been one of the worst.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.