Tuesday, May 21, 2024

From The Spamfiles

It’s that magical time again! Let’s look at the scams people somehow actually fall for.

A message allegedly from McAfee saying Final Warning, Your account will be removed today, ellipsis, exclamation point. All devices are unprotected, period, question mark, comma, period, arrow emoji, exclamation point
This spammer seems to think the more punctuation they use, the more legitimate they look. They should have thrown in some semi-colons and parentheses.

Message from Vena CBD, saying buy one get one free, today only, Black Friday starts now! But only for 24 hours
Leaving aside the fact that I don’t use CBD, this is inviting me to a Black Friday sale. While this message is old, it’s not six months old. This is like from February. It’s a little late!

Message from UPS (with the R circle symbol), saying you have parentheses one package waiting for delivery
It’s got a circle R, it must be real!

Yet another message from UPS (and the R circle symbol), saying you have parentheses one package waiting for delivery, box emojis, a random number, and then truck emojis
The first one didn’t work, so they figured throwing some emojis in there would make it look more realistic.

Three comments from Rajani Rehana, one saying Please read my post and the other two saying Great blog
Rajani was making the rounds again a few months back. And I think a few weeks ago. She shows up a lot here.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen that blogger several times myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps they were trying for the spring "black Friday" sales. I wish retailers would stop trying to make spring black Friday a thing. It's not a thing. I refuse to let it be a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I think of the amount of time people spend sending this garbage everyone just throws away....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The UPS seems to be quite determined!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.