Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Web Comics I Like

I’m going to post about some of the web comics I’ve been reading lately because I have nothing else to post about and this is more positive than me ranting about how people are ignoring racism.

Sarah’s Scribbles by Sarah Andersen
A woman’s observations on being an awkward introverted worrier. I…identify with her A LOT. Her second book just came out and I’m hoping to pick it up soon.

Poorly Drawn Lines by Reza Farazmand
Various random jokes. The most popular recurring characters are the bear Ernesto and his friend Kevin the bird, as well as Trash Bird, who is just Trash Bird. Look, it’s really hard to explain and totally ridiculous. Just check it out.

Apparently the creator just wanted to use the longest name she could find. In any case, she’s hilarious. Her creature “selfie bee” is a kind of author avatar that reflects her often ridiculous reactions (like promising not to buy more books and then leaving the bookstore later wearing a sash that says “Mayor of Failuretown”). Also, for Harry Potter fans, she does tons of spoofs of the series, especially of Dumbledore being just the worst person to be in charge of children.

Books of Adam by Adam Ellis
Things that happen to Adam totally overdramatized, flamboyant, and hilarious. I think my favorite is the one where the cat is asleep all day, until three a.m. when he’s going totally crazy. It’s very relatable.

Another comic where the typical things that happen to the creator are exaggerated to hilarious levels. I think that might be my favorite type of comic. The best ones to check out is the comics she drew while staying up for thirty two hours in order to fix her sleep schedule. It’s basically a decent into madness.

Anyway, that’s what I read all day. I like comics. What about you?

5 comments:

  1. Staying up for thirty-two hours? She must've been traveling overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read a lot of webcomics, but ended up stopping and eventually losing all the links. Makes me sad because there were a few good ones. Currently, I reading a story by Crystal Yates called a Dance with Death. She also did a great webcomic called Earthsong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read a webcomic. Sounds like maybe I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enough trouble keeping up with blogs. Although, I bet I could subscribe via Feedly... No. No more reading material!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.