Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Visit from the Spamfiles

Because sometimes I have trouble coming up with ideas for posts.



Anyway, the SpamFiles isn’t taking Tumblr by storm, but I’m still enjoying it so I guess it’s all good. I’ve posted over a hundred times there already, because spam is nothing if not everlasting. Also repetitive. And insane.

Take a look at these gems:

I love this one for its rambling inanity, which you will see better if you click on the image. It clearly went through an online translator. Probably more than once. 

Click to embiggen.

The best part is “It had already been confirmed to be efficient when the triglycerides, to the blood and convert it to electricity.” As I said on the SpamFiles, holy crap, the Matrix was right!

Okay, I’m not sure what it’s saying exactly (talk about adverb overload), but I think it’s an insult...

No trip to the SpamFiles would be complete without the obligatory “Let me give you money!” letter. I assume that whatever language this was (badly) translated from capitalizes nouns because there are a lot of extra capital letters in there. I like how “she” is trusting me not to just keep the money for myself, like “Mwa-ha-ha, after she dies, all the money will be mine and all I have to do is send her ten thousand dollars first. It’s a foolproof plan.”

Click to embiggen.


Oh, spam. You so crazy.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I try to read a spam notification that the filters catch, and it's a headache trying to make sense of the horrid grammar. That first one reminds me of that.

    And I've had messages asking, "Is it just me, or do some of these commenters seem to be brain dead?" This, before they ask me to visit their site.

    That letter of course... is all too typical of the African Scammer Spam Letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cancer of the stroke? Is that like a cure for strokes? If you can manage to give your stroke cancer, it will get rid of the stroke, and the cancer will die along with it? Have these spam people developed a cure?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what one of those would look like after an editor went over them, you know, old school like, with proofreading marks in red pen. I bet they would be more red than print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love a good spamfest ;) Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I've seen the donation spam.

    I keep getting spam from someone named Adriana who wants to offer me a view of good-looking women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, so I'm not the only one getting the endless spam from Adriana?

      Delete

Please validate me.