Ugh, February. It really is the Monday of the months. The newness of the year that comes with January is stale, plus the weather is, at best, frigidly cold, and at worst a slush-filled blanket that you have to get out of the driveway before the temperature drops and it freezes over until mid-March. So in summation, February, I hate you.
I already know I didn’t do a good job on my goals this month, because of that list I made staring me in the face every day. Ugh. Again.
1. Finish outline, read aloud, and notes for REMEMBER. This is going to be a big one…
Nope, didn’t do this. I opened up REMEMBER and found out it was way more unfinished than I thought it was. The outline is done except for the places it’s STILL unfinished, and I obviously wasn’t able to get to the rest since there’s no point in starting if the rough draft isn’t complete.
2. Send out 10 queries for COLLAPSE (AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!) and revise query as needed.
This I did, netting me two rejections already. I’ve worked on my query a bit, gotten it to the point where I actually think it’s good. I just have to wait and see, which I totally hate.
3. Work on Apocalypse Blog.
Uh, kind of? I posted another apocalypse thing last Saturday, which means it was technically in March, although I wrote it in February. I didn’t start up the actual blog yet, because I’m still not sure it could stand alone as its own blog. I might keep this as a feature here.
Not a very good job. Querying was even more stressful than I anticipated (and I anticipated stress!), so I kept working on my shiny new project rather than REMEMBER like I was supposed to. Anyway, now for March.
1. Send out 10 more queries for COLLAPSE (still AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!).
2. Write two more Apocalypse posts for (I hope) your entertainment.
3. Actually finish REMEMBER. And maybe, if I do, write the book that’s been rolling around in my head the past couple of weeks!
Okay. I think this is doable. What are you up to this March? Do you other A-to-Z-ers have your posts ready yet?