Yes, I’m really doing this before the end of the month :P, and on what should be Etymology Thursday to boot. Since I’m taking part in the A-to-Z challenge, I figured it was better to do it now than to double post. So here we go.
I thought February was bad, but this month was just uuuuugh. Nothing went right. For some reason, I felt more anxious than usual, so it was really hard for me to concentrate on all the things I was supposed to be doing. It didn’t help things that last month’s queries for COLLAPSE received zero interest. It was kind of a bummer.
1. Send out 10 more queries for COLLAPSE (still AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!).
Did not do this, although that was because with all the rejections I got, I thought it was best to rework my query. It’s frustrating because I’m still not sure about it.
2. Write two more Apocalypse posts for (I hope) your entertainment.
I did this. At least I got something right.
3. Actually finish REMEMBER. And maybe, if I do, write the book that’s been rolling around in my head the past couple of weeks!
REMEMBER is still sketchy. I want to put it on hold for now, what with YA being oversaturated. It’s kind of a bummer, but the other book I’m working on, MALICE, is adult, so it might have a better chance. Plus I’m 30K into it and I’m really having fun.
March was a great big failure, except for the new book. Sigh…
1. Get more feedback on COLLAPSE query, maybe even rewrite it again. If I get something I like, I want to send out ten more queries.
2. Forty thousand more words written in MALICE.
3. A-to-Z challenge!!! Wooo! I’m planning on visiting at least ten other A-to-Z-ers every day, in addition to all the people I normally visit who are participating.
I really hope I meet my April Goals. I think I will, although I’m nervous about number 1. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that April remains stress free. Please please please.
What are you guys up to this month?