Friday, April 29, 2011

Distraction Friday

I was very disappointed last week when one of my favorite webcomics came to...well, not a close, but I guess you could call it an end . I’d been following since almost the beginning in 2004 after I saw a piece of fan art done by the creator. The link below her name said “The Bunny System” and I went “Hey! I like bunnies!”

Even better, these were snarky, inappropriate and violent rabbits. The two main rabbits once massacred an entire squirrel army (don’t worry; apparently, squirrels can regenerate a la the T-1000). It was exactly up my alley. I can’t believe it’s been almost seven years!

Audrey Soffa is a very talented artist and writer. Occasionally, she posted bits of her art school work (nice) and sometimes, other cartooning work. There was one month where she had a storyline about a young witch named Agatha Crawley. She’s a little girl with a witch like appearance and often the object of torment of the older, glam-witches. It’s cute and funny and unlike the Bunnies, entirely age appropriate.

So, I’m a bit sad it’s gone. If you have the same sense of humor as me (and if you do, I pity you) I’d advise you to go check it out.

EDIT: The contest is now closed. Winner announced tomorrow at 1 p.m. EDT.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link; I hadn't heard of this webcomic before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little bunnies are remarkably violent for being so cute. Also, that was a lot of blood. Also, hee hee hee.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.