Saturday, April 23, 2011

Awards And A Thank You

First of all, the contest is still going on. Go enter. Second, thank you to Annikka Woods who gave me the following award:



The rules for the award are:
   1.  Thank and link to the person who gave me the award.
   2.  Share seven random facts about myself.
   3.  Pass the award along to 15 other bloggers.
   4.  Tell the bloggers that they’ve won the award.

While I’m happy to pass the award on, I have to say, fifteen is a bit much. I remember someone (sorry, the name escaped me, I’m terrible) saying the awards weren’t as special because you give them out to so many people. So I’m picking one versatile blogger I’ve recently met.

Who have I picked? None other than Suzi McGowen whose blog I discovered during the Query Pitch contest. She does have a versatile blog, about her journey as a writer, wife, mom and person in general. She definitely deserves one of these.

And the seven random facts about myself? Well, if you insist…

1. I enjoy bike riding, but haven’t done so in a while because my bike’s tire went flat.
2. I love video games, especially older ones. I still have my SNES.
3. My shining moment in gym class was the time I was playing softball and caught a pop fly in deep left field. Seriously, it was amazing.
4. I can fit my entire fist in my mouth.
5. I don’t drink. There isn’t a particular reason for this other than that I don’t like the taste of alcohol. It all tastes bitter to me.
6. At some point, I’ve been in nineteen different states.
7. I’m not a fan of bugs, but I don’t mind reptiles or amphibians.

Good enough. Thanks again for the award, Annikka! I’ll add it to my awards page.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, and I thought I was the only one who didn't like the taste of alcohol. I have to sip beers. Really, people think I'm weird when I ask for a coke, or worse, a recovering alcoholic!
    I think California, North and South Dakota and Montana are the only states I've never been to.
    Not going to go there with the fist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried to put my fist in my mouth. It doesn't work for me.

    And I agree about beer. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing your facts.

    I'm starting up a 'Critiquing Crusaders' program, where participants in the Second Crusade can find other writers to exchange critiques with or form critiquing circles. If you're interested, come by The Kelworth Files to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award! Putting your whole fist in your mouth is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, 15 is a bit much! I think giving each award to just one would make them more meaningful!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.