Tuesday, January 30, 2024

What Are The Odds?

In reality, it happened three days after my jury duty finished, but still.
Panel 1, I’m at my mom’s house handing over her keys, saying “Thanks for letting me use your car.” She says, “Sure. You have fun in all the traffic?” Panel 2, I say, “Hilarious. I brought in your mail. This card here seems… familiar.” She says, “What the hell does that mean?” And I say, “You have to register for jury duty.” She says, “Oh, I do not.” Panel 3, she’s looking at the card, Panel 4, she says, “Son of a…” And I say, “Have fun with the traffic.”
She’s never had jury duty before, so that makes this all the more hilarious.

6 comments:

  1. And you can safely laugh as they can't get you back in now. (I'm always cautious when someone else gets jury duty as I don't want to tempt the universe. But you're safe.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the odds? Of her not ever having done it before, and that she'd get summoned the same week you finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My significant other was summoned for jury duty, like, three times before I received my first summons. And then that summons arrived during a certain pandemic, so they just counted it as me having served and that was that. My SO was unimpressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not going to say anything because I don't want to jinx myself. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. I was called three times and my husband has never been called. It's so weird.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.