Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Bridge

True story that took place at the beginning of December. You know, just in time for the end of year holidays.
Panel 1, I’m sitting on the couch when my phone buzzes, Panel 2, I’m looking at the phone and I say, “Huh? An emergency alert?” Panel 3, I keep reading, Panel 4, I say, “Hm, ‘Catastrophic Failure’ is not a phrase you want associated the state’s main bridge.”

That’s really what it said. “At risk of catastrophic failure”. Hope no one has to go anywhere for the next three months. And they actually do fix it in that timeframe.

6 comments:

  1. Yikes! definitely not news you want. But maybe a little over-dramatic in the wording? You don't want to incite panic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a NOVA episode about a bridge failure, and they were talking about how many bridges there are in the world that are nearing the end of their lifespan. So many of them need repairs and just general maintenance to keep them functioning. Have you heard anything lately about whether or not they're doing the repairs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they say over three-fourths of America's bridges need some work. Rather frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's scary. I have this thought about some of the bridges and other public infrastructure in my country too. I just hope that they are all maintained well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd definitely be avoiding that bridge as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That can't be good under any circumstances.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.