Tuesday, May 23, 2023

From The Spamfiles

Let’s see what the Spam Fairy has brought for us this week.

Message from Mrs. Esther Debora saying I need you in this (question mark), hello my dearest, with honor and respect to you and your family.
Obviously a cancer widow, and one who doesn’t know how to use question marks.

Message from Atten saying attention beneficiary, apparently from the British High Commission
Yes, I’m sure the British High Commission (whatever that is) is very interested in giving me, a non-Brit, many things.

Four messages, all from jeoneil4 (aka my email account) saying to check my account and I have been given money and I’m so lucky
Gee, I don’t remember sending these to myself, but I don’t remember not sending them to myself.

Message from Mrs. Elizabeth Edwa. Saying My Dear Beloved, Greeting, Please forgive me for stressing you with my predicaments
Yet another cancer widow, I assume. She really is stressing me with her predicaments.

Message from Mrs. Christine Lagarde of the European Central Bank saying An amount in Dollars was instructed to be transferred on your favor through ATM card, then repeats the previous statement so you know how legit it is, saying it’s from the government for victims who lost funds from con African artists, then they ask for my information, and finishing with we advice you to prohibit any other transaction you are having with an unknown source to avoid regret there after, and they urge me to comply fast with the managerial demands so I can have my legit ATM card, thanks and always be bless
Oh isn’t this just a parade of red flags. I love them advising me (oops, advicing me) to prohibit other transaction with an unknown source.

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. My spam never wants to give me money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one is the mother lode of internet scammers.

    A High Commission is a term used within the Commonwealth of Nations, as the term for a diplomatic mission between member countries. It's thesame status as an embassy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday I got an invoice for merchandise delivered to some random address. It was a couple thousand dollars worth. And I was given a place to complain to, buried in it somewhere. But nowhere on this supposed receipt was there a reference to how the thing was paid for. It worries me that people must fall for this scam.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.