Tuesday, May 9, 2023

From The Spamfiles

Spam is so stupid and pointless and that’s why I love it.

Two messages, one from Psychic Dia (with periods in between each letter) and one from Deluxe Signature (with two periods between each word of the message). The psychic has #76 in the message, while the other has #851.
Yes, a twofer. It’s just amusing that both are very different in style and content, yet both have the #(random number) in them.

Three messages, from ACE Auto Loan underscore random letters, saying Any Credit Auto Loans, and the message in each one saying Welcome to the real-time HTML editor!
This spammer is attentive enough to change the random letters they have in each address and subject line, but too lazy to get rid of the HTML editor line that clearly has nothing to do with anything.

Message from George Foreman CHW telling me to check out the fall offer, and addressing me as slslmgo ylwazxd.
I’d like to know how I managed to get on a spam list under the name “slslmgo ylwazxd”. I’m afraid if I say it out loud, I’ll be warped to another dimension.

Message from CONGRAT, saying I need to check my account for my payout verification.
CONGRAT.

Three blog comments from Rajani Rehana, two saying Great Blog, and one saying Please read my post, and yes, all three are on the same blog post.
Because you asked, I’m totally going to go read your blog post, absolutely real person who commented the same generic message twice on one post.

4 comments:

  1. And why would George Foreman be emailing you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're not the only one who gets those comments. She (I'm assuming she) hits up a bunch of us from this corner of the internet.

    I wonder if those random numbers are how the spammers categorize their spam releases...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get comments from Rajani too. So pointless. I just delete them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now, in India, a new scam is doing the rounds. People are getting audio and sometimes video calls on their WhatsApp from unknown numbers, mostly from southeast Asian and African nations. The call rings not for more than 10 or 15 seconds. Apparently, they are from scamsters.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.