Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Random Thoughts: The Return


Yes, it’s this time again. You know, the time when I run out of ideas and it’s not a theme day so I have to reach into my post vault and bring out…I don’t know, whatever I can find.

---I had that dream again last night.
---No, not really. I was watching Childrens Hospital as I wrote this and that’s one of the one-liners thrown out by the guy hospital loudspeaker, “Sal Viscuso.” He’s voiced by Michael Cera.
---That’s supposed to be a reference to M*A*S*H, who I think had the same name for their announcer. I don’t really know because I’ve never seen that show. It was off the air before I was born.
---The murder rate in Norway is less than one murder per year. Do they just decide, “eh, it’s too cold out to carry out my murderous rage”?
---Keep in mind, this is also the birth place of death metal. I kind of wonder if these things are linked.
---Don’t ask, don’t tell was finally repealed. And it’s about damn time, too. I think detractors against the repeal used the same arguments as they did to keep out women (too “distracting”). Honestly, if you’re that worried about your fellow soldier checking out your ass in the middle of combat, you’re probably not a very focused soldier to begin with.
---There are people complaining the repeal is part of a larger gay agenda. And they’re right; it’s a larger gay agenda towards equal rights. Crazy to think these people want to be treated like people. 
---At the time of the tone, it will be half past infinity. 
---More snow. Damn it. I bet there’s going to be another spike in births in September, too.
---There was once a joke on Family Guy about “the fat kid from Stand By Me” (aka Jerry O’Connell) marrying Rebecca Romijn. What they neglect to mention is how handsome he grew up to be. Seriously, I saw him on an old episode of Without A Trace and almost choked.
---I’ve probably said this before, but it’s worth repeating: anyone who suggests you watch The Human Centipede is a bad, evil person. Run from them now.
---John Steinbeck is said to have based the Hamilton family of his EAST OF EDEN on his mother's family. A small boy named John Steinbeck is even a minor character in the novel.
---Nine out of ten times, Futurama takes the time to be accurate with its science. That’s higher than shows that claim to be fact based.
---Despite claims to the contrary, a couple, each with blue eyes, can have a child with brown eyes. My nephew is actually proof of this since he has brown eyes, his father has blue and his mother, green.
---BEEEEEEEEP.

3 comments:

  1. You've never seen M*A*S*H? If you are a fan of snarky humour at all, get thee to Netflicks! (Or wherever you get your TV-turned-DVD entertainment.) I'm biased because I grew up with it (in reruns; I'm too young to have see it first run, too), but I think it's probably the funniest show I've ever seen. I frequently pull a clever M*A*S*H line when I can't come up with my own funny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Su beat me to it, so I'll just ditto her.
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter lasts too long in Norway, so people get too depressed to kill each other.

    That, and the whole not a lot of guns around thing too.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.