Whoa, it’s June already? How did this happen? It seems like the beginning of May was just yesterday.
Anyway, let’s look at what I was supposed to do last month.
1. Finish the read through and all the editing notes that come with it.
I did this! On May 1st, if I recall correctly.
2. Start working on the notes. I’m not so sure I’ll be able to finish them as it looks like there’s going to be around six hundred, varying from “change this word” to “change this whole section”.
Hey, I did this, too. It was indeed over six hundred, but somehow I managed to get through all of them. And yet I’m STILL finding things I need to change.
3. Find something mindless and boring for me to do to recharge with. I have a feeling I’m going to need it.
Yeah, I did this too, because nothing makes you want to edit more than doing something that’s even more boring.
That’s another month down. What’s next?
1. Do my first color partition—when I highlight different parts of the MS in different colors to make sure everything works. I know I’ve posted about this at some point…
2. Do my second color partition—this one is checking for sensory cues to make sure descriptions are evocative. I’ve explained this one, too.
3. Update my etymology page. I can’t remember the last time I did it, which means it’s time to do it again.
So that’s my plan for this month. What are you going to be doing?