Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October Goals

Ugh, September. UGH!!! It started out bad and only managed to get worse from there. One of my cats got out of the house and never came back, and honestly I’ve been devastated about that. Then I got sick—me!—and that included double ear infections (you saw the comic) which made me feel like I constantly had cotton in my ears. You know what I do when I’m writing? Listen to music/television. You know what’s really hard to do with ear infections? Exactly that.

September Goals

1. Work on REMEMBER notes. I’d really prefer getting them all done, but…it’s not going to happen and no amount of goading myself will help, so I might as well be realistic and promise myself to do something.
Nope. Not a bit, which I’m disappointed in, but I was also depressed and unable to concentrate, so I should probably cut myself a little slack there…

2. Add 10K to the new WIP. Only ten because I really want to make some headway on those notes, and I figure it will be better not to over commit.
See above.

3. Work on making the stick figure comics a regular part of the blog. Honestly, I’m surprised how many people seem to enjoy them. I probably won’t be able to think of something funny every week, but maybe every other.
At least I managed to do this one…

This month’s goals are going to be modest…I just hope I do them this time…

October Goals

1. Work on, and preferably finish, REMEMBER notes. For real. Seriously.

2. Finish my non-writing side project (I don’t usually put these on the list, but I might actually be able to do this one).

3. More stick figure comics! You guys are weirdly easy to please.

All right, that’s it. Was your September a month of unending horror somehow still going on despite being over or did something good actually happen? What are your plans for October?

9 comments:

  1. Either that or we're just weird.
    Seriously, finish the notes! For real. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love those stick figures.

    I don't recall my September to be a month of unending horror, but unless my day job situation improves quickly, October and November will.

    Something to look forward to, I suppose.

    Best of luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it was such a bad month -- and very sorry about your cat. :(

    September was me adjusting to not being a teacher and figuring out how to fill my days productively.

    October is pretty busy. I have a lot of author events, and I am hoping the "high" I get off those events will translate into some power-writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your cat. That sucks.
    I have a kind of constant paranoia that mine will get out and disappear, because, if he disappears, it's because he got himself into trouble. Which is the whole reason he's not allowed out anymore.
    On the other hand, sometimes, I wish he would get out.
    heh
    Yes, it's a love/hate/love relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about your cat. I get how devastating that can be.

    I'm planning on having a good October. October hasn't been cooperating. Yet. But that's about to change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! Both ears? Poor baby. :(

    My September was not very productive, writing-wise. October is looking much better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jeanne - sorry about your beloved critter - I hate losing animals .. and then can quite understand your feeling of hopelessness at their loss.

    Ear-ache in both ears .. no - not funny at all ...

    Take care and I do hope October comes up trumps .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think stick figures are funny! No clue why, but I do. :)

    Good luck with your new goals!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.