Thursday, May 5, 2011

Random Thoughts

---The Humpty Dumpty rhyme was originally a riddle. That’s why it never mentions he’s an egg. But since it’s so popular that everyone knows what he is, it’s kind of lost the “What is he?” punch.
---I read an article in the paper that called ATLAS SHRUGGED TWILIGHT for conservatives and libertarians. I could not stop laughing for a good five minutes.
---Remember the last time I did this I reported that the last American WWI Combat Vet died? Yeah. Now I'm sorry to report that the last WWI Combat Vet period died, in his home in Perth. Thank you for your service, sir.
---There is still one non-Combat Vet left, a lady from the UK named Florence Green. Thank you as well, ma'am.
---It's a complete coincidence that I'm doing another Random Thoughts post at the same time as another WWI Vet's death. I had this all set up to post when I saw the news and added it. A bit eerie.
---I miss Law and Order.
---To make this perfectly clear: REAL Law and Order.
---I cleaned out my closet today. It’s amazing the junk one can accumulate over the years. I have copies of books I’ve never heard of.
---Irony: finding my long lost cat’s cradle next to a copy of Vonnegut’s CAT’S CRADLE. True story.
---ANIMAL FARM will always be my favorite thinly-veiled social commentary.
---“Spaghetti squash” tastes almost exactly like spaghetti (with the sauce on, I couldn’t tell the difference at all).
---Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper died together in a plane crash.
---I can never tell sans-serif l apart from I. This drives me nuts on Twitter because without fail, I read it wrong the first time.
---Mother’s Day is coming up. At least my mom isn’t as difficult to shop for as my dad. She’s close, though.
---Oh, crap. Then Father’s Day is coming up.
---USA Network. Why is it okay to say bitch on television but not balls? I don’t see why derogatory words towards women are all right when slang for male genitals is not.
Ice-9!

10 comments:

  1. Random... I didn't take you seriously at first. I think I have mental whip-lash now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atlas Shrugged as Twilight for Conservatives? Strange since the one preceded the other by decades. Maybe more appropriately, Twilight is the Atlas Shrugged for sexually frustrated teenage girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the random posts.

    Good luck with the Mother's Day gift. I have it easy. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 just came out. As for Father's Day, has anyone seen any basketball cards?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with the sanserif Is and ls.

    Very fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we're to believe Joey the Lips, Buddy Holly's last words were "we can't travel in that ****heap."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting question about bitch/balls! I call double standard!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. Nice totally random info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, interesting! I love random factoids like these.

    Incidentally, I totally feel your pain re: parental gift-giving. BOTH my folks are tough to buy for. I'm getting Mom a blueberry pie (her fave) for Mother's Day but have no clue what to get her for her b-day or Christmas. Same with my father.... Good job I have a few months to figure things out!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Books you've never heard of? Accumulated junk? Sounds like an excuse for a giveaway to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of a random post. I may have to steal it.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.