Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Work in Progress


That’s me! Also, it refers to all the ideas I have to write. My ideas seem to come in clusters and I can’t type them down fast enough. I’m not quite sure where to go with some of them, so what do I do? I start writing.

Hey, I’m a pantser. I get my best ideas as I’m writing them.

It’s fun to be at the beginning of a new project. For one thing, there’s no boring line editing. Plus, I love going to sleep at night imagining what I’m going to write the next day. I keep asking myself “What should happen next? What would happen next?” until I fall asleep. And. It’s. Awesome.

Can you tell I’m in a good mood? Another benefit of diving into a MS.

How do you feel when you’re starting something new? Exhilarated? Full of anticipation? How much of the story do you know going in? And how in depth do you outline?

Just curious : )

8 comments:

  1. I'm usually like that too. But I just finished a rewrite. I don't know if I'm tired or what, but no new ideas are charming me right now.

    Sigh.

    I really want them to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The imagining when I'm falling asleep is actually my method to falling asleep. It makes for some very interesting dreams as well. It is a great feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also feel just as excited. You made me smile by reading this, reminders of such times. Hope the story goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a new idea. Love the unknown. Love the possibilities. Sometimes I get stuck. Think a bit. Get past it and write more. I love being a panster too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same way I feel when I'm clinging to a rock face with empty space beneath me.

    Exhilirated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love diving in. So much potential. Right now I'm in the middle and have to make sure I don't have 100 pages of filler to get me to the end. I know I'm up to the challenge, but it adds a stressor.

    I am part pantser, part planner. My plans currently need to be revised to accommodate the havoc my pantsing has caused. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently I'm also a panster, because I've tried plotting and it didn't work. I agree-- new stuff is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that stage, when you can't get to sleep because so many ideas are humming around your head. I plot reasonably extensively but still have this same buzz around, 'ok, how do I get the characters from this point to the next plot point'. I'm in the thick of editing at the moment but looking forward to starting the creation progress again soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.