Thursday, May 19, 2011

Award? Me?


 
The other day, Angela gave me an award. The Versatile Blogger, too. I had something else planned for today, but I figured I better get this up before she realizes her mistake ; ).


The rules for this award are…
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Pass the award along to five buddies whose blogs epitomize said theme.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

First, the facts. I suppose they have to be seven new ones, don’t they?

1. I’m not very good at other languages. I took four years of Spanish in high school, but I can’t speak a word.
2. My favorite genre to write is dystopian, with urban fantasy as runner up. But my favorite genre to read is horror.
3. I’m exactly five feet tall. Yes, I’m tiny.
4. I’m a true American mutt. From my dad’s side I’m one quarter German and one quarter a mix of English, Welsh and Scottish. From my mom’s house, I’m one quarter Irish and one quarter French Canadian. Also, 1/32 of that French Canadian is Native American.
5. I’ve worn glasses ever since I was fourteen. My eyes aren’t too bad, certainly not worth getting contacts over.
6. I love to listen to metal, rock and any type of depressing music.
7. I love to cross-stitch. I have a drawer full of patterns I’ve made. Almost all of them have kitties on them.


I know the rules say to pass it on to 5 people, but I’m sticking with the “one is more meaningful” thing. So the person I’m passing it along to is…

Theresa Milstein! Because she always has something interesting to say.

Thanks again, Angela!

9 comments:

  1. I make no mistakes! I am absolutely perfect! JK But I did not make a mistake giving you an award LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! It's nice to get to know you a little better :)

    I used to be able to read horror, but it keeps me up at night now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're five feet! I'm four-eleven (well, I've shrunk about 1/4 inch) and weigh 89 pounds. We're both tiny!

    Thanks for stopping by on Tuesday and congratulating me on my book launch. Thanks for your "best" wishes. I appreciate this very much!
    Ann Best, Memoir Author

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cross stitching heavy metal fan?

    Okay then....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award!

    It's nice learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award. Nice to know you more, I am 5'1 and used to being the smallest adult around. I also think it's ironic you knit kitties and write dystopian, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, you cross-stitch? Me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, tiny person! LOL Congrats on the award!! Fun to learn more about you, and yay for dystopian (not the horror though, ew). I'm English, Welsh, and Scottish too! How about that. (Plus some Swedish, German, Irish, and other mutt stuff.)

    LOL--you listen to depressing music. That's funny. At least you know and embrace it!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.