Monday, May 2, 2011

Websites for Writers

Why…what’s this? I know you can’t hear me right now, but I’m giving off a high pitched squeal.

I don’t know how many of you follow Colleen Lindsay (and I can’t imagine why you don’t) but for a while, she’s been talking about a Sekrit Project and, well, here it is. Book Country—a gathering place for writers, a place to learn about publishing, a feedback site!

This is exactly what I’ve been dreaming of! It’s like Authonomy without the shameless self-promotion in order to increase your rank! I haven’t joined up yet (I’m a bit busy with other things right now) but I’m going to jump in as soon as I can.

Unlike the aforementioned Authonomy, you have to comment on other books before you can upload your own. But it’s only a few (three, I think, but I can’t find the link) and honestly, it seems like a fair trade. Besides critiques, you can meet new people (like a social networking site for writers) and read articles on the publishing industry. Awesome.

Twitterites, find Book Country here. Everyone, if you haven't clicked the link already, find the site here.

4 comments:

Please validate me.