Tuesday, September 10, 2024

September Goals

Well, I’m back on the internet, and I think we can all agree that’s a mistake. Though really, it’s the internet that’s the mistake. Just… all of it. Anyway, goals or whatever.
 
August Goals
1. Actually attempt to find more writer spaces and beta readers this month.
Like I had the energy to do this. I barely have the energy to talk to all the people I already know.
 
2. Find something that seems fun to work on.
Eh, kind of. I’m still feeling burnt out on everything, though, and it’s a process to getting back to normal.
 
3. Birthday. I’m looking forward to it with some trepidation. Did you know the bakery that makes my favorite cake had a fire and is now closed? And there’s no news as to when they’ll open again?
Miraculously, something went right this month and the bakery opened just two weeks before my birthday.
 
And now for September…
 
September Goals
1. Find something new to write that actually interests me.
 
2. Edit something old to post on my other site. Luckily I have tons of options.
 
3. Try to read some more. Maybe this will help me recharge.
 
This is what I hope to do this month. What do you want to do?

3 comments:

  1. Good luck. Currently I'm hunkered down in long term mode, so I don't have a lot of outside-of-work energy at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're trying to get inspired to write something, maybe try some short stories in a genre you've never tried before. I find doing something way outside my wheelhouse often triggers creativity. Or even do some other kind of art - write poetry, paint, try out for a local play.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.