Tuesday, February 4, 2020

February Goals


January was a tough month. I felt like crap the entire time, for a variety of reasons, and had a hard time getting in any kind of creative mindset. I’d say I was glad it was gone, but February has a bunch of pain-in-the-ass problems of its own!

What was I even supposed to do this month?

January Goals
1. Write the short story I have planned, and edit one of my old ones.
I really thought I’d be able to knock this out easy, but it feels like every ounce of creativity has been drained from me. I only got about a thousand words down, maybe halfway done.

2. Keep working on my goals from last month.
I guess I did this. I spent most of my time focused on editing, so that’s something.

3. Work on daily goal planning for my writing.
This was easier. More than once I didn’t meet those goals, but I’m trying.

Okay, now let’s see what goals I’ll fail to meet this month.

February Goals
1. Do all the adult stuff I have to that gives me panic attacks.

2. Work on edits to my other WIP.

3. Keep working on the query, and hopefully get around to finishing that story.

Great, so now it’s February. And there’s even an extra day tacked on to the end of it! Like it’s not way too long as it is!

8 comments:

  1. That adult stuff can be such a pain in the neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like January has been tough for a lot of people. Wonder if there's some atmospheric thing going on that could explain that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's another blogger who was talking about how January always kicks her butt, so she starts her year in February. Perhaps?

    I got to chapter 19 in your book yesterday, so I'm making progress :) It looks like I might have some more time today to read. Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make negative goals now.
    I've gotten pretty good at accomplishing those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Goals I'll fail to meet this month"...yeah, that's pretty much how I've come to think of my goals, too. May we both be pleasantly surprised by our progress come March.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about setting goals for each day, rather than for one full month?
    After many failed attempts at goals for a new year, then for a new month, and then for a new week, now I have settled for each day.
    No two days are the same, and it's working reasonably well. Not a hundred percent success, but not a hundred percent failure either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your goals. February has been warm here so I'm not minding the extra day.

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.