Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Goals

Is it just me or do the months seem to be flying by? I wish I was a robot that could work 24/7. Then I’d feel like I was getting something done.

June Goals
1. Read aloud of Malice, including taking notes, and then fixing said notes. I’m fairly certain I can get this done, although reading the entire thing out loud might take longer than I expect.
Did this! It did take longer than I expected, but not by that much. I did start working on some of the notes, and even created a timeline (where I discovered even more problems to fix!), but honestly, right now I’m kind of burned out on MALICE. Maybe it’s looking at those 800+ notes I have to fix and all the rewrites it needs.

2. Sigh…do SOMETHING about my query. Obviously it’s going to need a complete and total rewrite. I may end up having to join some forum or other just to get some opinions, which I’m really not looking forward to. Did I say sigh yet?
Kind of? I did write another query, but I didn’t solicit any outside opinions. I know, there are all these great sites out there where you can post your queries for critiques, but I so hate doing things like that…I guess this one is a partial fail.

3. Two more apocalypse posts! I’ve kind of done zombies to death lately, so I’ll see if I can whip up something about one of the million other apocalypses waiting to take us out.
I got a little derailed by the whole computer thing, but I managed to get both in! Barely. I think I might need a month off from the apocalypse. (I can’t believe I said that!)

Now for this month. Wow, the year is half over…

July Goals

1. Do something about that query and then send out another set. Not that I’m expecting much…

2. Finally get to the read aloud of REMEMBER that I meant to do months ago and never did. If I’m not too distracted by something shiny.

3. Work on recreating some of the projects I lost when my computer crapped out on me. Most of them I could care less about, but there are a couple of things I really liked, even if they’re just for me.

Seriously, I’m so hella pissed that my computer crashed like that. You piece of crap! I gave you everything!

7 comments:

  1. If you don't want to post your query for the world to see, find some authors who will critique it through email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your computer crashed. Unless the hard drive is corrupt, your files are still there if someone can reach them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd just spend the extra time on all of your distractions.

    I saw a headline about a jellyfish apocalypse. I didn't read the article, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you're working through your goals - I stopped posting mine months ago - like you say, halfway into the year, how did that happen!!Good luck with July's :)
    Suzanne @ Suzannes-Tribe
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on how far you did get through your goals! Pat yourself on the back for that.

    Happy July. (My birthday month!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing your goals! I completed not one of my goals this month, but that's okay. Goals are meant to be guidelines, not set in stone. :) I'm stuck at the query writing stage for a book and I don't like posting on the sites either. I need to find people who critique queries via email!

    Good luck with this month's goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The computer's saying "don't blame me!"

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.