Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Time Approaches

What time? you ask. Why, my birthday, of course. In less than a month. How could you not know that? Really!

Anyway, as usual around my birthday, I take some time off from writing and blogging and trying to be a useful part of society in general. And also as usual, I’d like to know if anyone is willing to give me a guest post to enable my decent into laziness. I really hope someone does, because otherwise you’re going to get stuck with five minute stick figure comics. And the ones I usually post take a half hour to do, so just think about how awful they’re going to be.

Think about it.

Any volunteers? Anyone want to speak to a slightly different audience? Got something to promote?

Hello? Anyone there at all?

11 comments:

  1. But I want to see the stick figures...
    If you get no offers, just take a couple weeks off. We won't abandon you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanne - I'm sure someone will raise their hand - I'm about to settle into a couple of major projects ... and must do them!

    Good luck and the birthday girl is planning already ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful and happy birthday and eat an extra slice of cake for me :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, well, I said something, but your blog ate it, so I'm not going to say it again.

    But I can't believe it's been a year already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just go enjoy your birthday! I may be taking part of August off, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun and enjoy your birthday! It's not the end of the world if your blog goes dark for a couple of weeks. Just make sure you come back, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of want to see the stick figures, too, but if you're looking for a guest post, I might be able to provide one. Email me, if you'd like. mjfifield at gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had an idea for something short.... I can always forward it to you as a guest blog. August for me is going to be busy in my blog as it is, and it's kind of topical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing wrong with taking a bit of a blog vacation. Or stick figures. We all need a mental break from time to time. Good for you for scheduling it around your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go on hiatus and make us all jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dunno, now I kinda want to see some stick figure comics...

    I would happily volunteer, but as you know, I'm having trouble coming up with posts for my own blog, so I think I would just end up with stick figure comics for you, anyway.

    Oh, and happy almost birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Please validate me.